“Come Follow me”
In the spirit of St James and our Catholic Faith, we encourage our students to come follow the way of Jesus in hope and with joy for life. We aspire to excellence through the cherished partnersips existing between the school, students, parents and parish. Christian Catholic values are reflected in the way we act and relate to one another and our environment within the Christian Narrative and our Catholic Tradition.
We envisage St James School to be a place where:
- The love of God is experienced through everyday actions
- There are high quality outcoms for all students
- Everyone feels welcome, respected, accepted and nurtured
- Students’ learning potential will be challenged in a stimulating environment
- Students’ social, emotional, moral, spiratual and physical wellbeing is pivotal to student health, safety, learning and success.
- Respect for the environment as God’s creation is evident and we endeavour to care for everything and everyone around us.
We are committed to our faith community, fostering an environment where ALL students and teachers reach their potential by:
- engaging in continuous dialogue with each other, with stduents, the wider community and people of different cultural and faith backgrounds
- planning an evolving curriculum which has entitlement for all and promotes high expectations for every student
- ensuring strong leadership which empowers every teacher to lead in teaching and learning
- providing rich teaching through puposeful, creative and targeted approaches
- using high quality data to personalise learning
Providing safe, inclusive environments where high quality Catholic Education drives improved outcomes for all learners.