Looking to enrol at St James Primary School?
St James is a Catholic Primary School in the Parish of Iona/Maryknoll/Nar Nar Goon, which is a faith community based on a belief in God and a Christian way of life. As members of this community, we welcome those of our own and other traditions. Priority for enrolment must be baptised Catholic children residing within the parish boundaries. Enrolment of a child is dependent upon the capacity of the school to adequately provide for the educational need of the child. If additional places are available, in consultation with the DOSCEL (Diocese of Sale Catholic Education Ltd), the following priorities apply:
- Baptised Catholic children from outside the school boundary, for pastoral reasons.
- Orthodox children living within the Parish boundaries.
- Christian children of other denominations whose parents demonstrate a positive commitment to the Catholic ethos.
All children must turn 5 years of age prior to the 30th day of April in the year in which the child commences school.
Make contact with the school office and make an appointment with the Principal.
- Children must turn five by April 30th of their foundation year.
- They must have a school entry immunization certificate from the local shire (Cardinia) to be allowed entry into school for the beginning of school.
- For an ‘Expression of Interest’ Form or ‘Enrolment Agreement’ contact the school office ph: 59425404
Enrolment for other grades may be made throughout the year if a place is available. An appointment with the Principal should be made.
Early in the year a ‘Kindergarten Walk’ provides initial contact between the school and local kindergarten. In November/ December, the children come to St James for four sessions. Uniforms will be on display and can be purchased from Beleza in Pakenham. Continue to our Uniform Page
Enrolment of Children from other Christian Denominations
St James exists and operates primarily to service the needs of Catholic families residing in the Parish of Iona/Maryknoll/Nar Nar Goon area.
However St James welcomes all children from the local area and places are available to children from other denominations whose parents desire for them a Christian formation. A commitment to support the ethos of the school and Religious content of the program taught, need to be given.
Following all applications, an interview with the principal will take place in September / October.